Feeling Better and Eating Better
|After a relaxing weekend of seclusion and rest, I managed to improve my general physical and mental health. My wrists feel more or less normal and I can tell my inner ear infection is getting better as I have a sensation of draining. More importantly, my energy level is up!|
So, I did several errands after work then I cleaned my kitchen and mopped the hardwood floors with vinegar water (per recommendation of the people that refinished the floors.) Then I made a nice meal:
It wasn't all that difficult to prepare. Steps:
1. Defrost the chicken several hours before dinner. Cut into 1/2 inch strips and put into a 1 gallon bag.
2. Add Montreal seasoning, chili pepper and crushed red pepper. Let sit in bag for 1-2 hours, shaking a couple of times to spread the seasoning.
3. Place the chicken strips on a walled baking sheet. Cook for 15 minutes. Flip. Cook for another 15 minutes.
4. Between 15 minute segments, boil water and add organic spinach pasta. Cook for 9 minutes.
5. Heat up spaghetti sauce (check the label for the one that's lower in fat and lower in sugar. These sauces can be sugary!!)
6. Layer: Spaghetti, sauce, chicken.
7. Lightly sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
As you realize, the chicken provides protein and the spinach spaghetti provides a lot of good stuff (I tried to find the chapter in Abs Diet book that talked about the benefits of multi grain/veggie pasta, but I was not successful.)